7 reasons to book a holiday club this summer
One of the best things about the school holidays is the freedom from the usual hectic routine. Deliciously slow starts in the morning and not having to rush off to swimming lessons or sports matches straight from school. But the idea of finding fun stuff to do for six or seven weeks can be a bit daunting. If you have to go out to work it’s even more of a challenge.
This is where school holiday clubs and summer camps really come into their own. Here are seven good reasons why booking a club is a good idea.
- It adds structure for at least one week of the holidays.
- The extra time available in the holidays can give your child the chance to really develop a skill e.g. at an intensive swim course.
- It’s something to look forward to.
- It’s a childcare solution which is fun for the the child too.
- Your child can continue favourite hobbies and sports over the long break.
- It’s a chance to make new friends with similar interests who may attend different schools.
- It’s a great opportunity to try something new. What about drama, go-karting, crafts, martial arts, street dance, film-making, golf, horse-riding – the list is endless.
To find children’s summer courses and kids’ clubs near you, click the link to your area below and visit the clubs & classes section and the what’s on pages.