GIANT Bionic Bugs
Breaking news – GIANT Bionic Bugs are invading WWT Martin Mere Wetland Centre this summer searching for the World’s Largest Bug Hotel.
Have a bug-filled adventure this summer as Martin Mere is taken over by six giant Bionic Bugs from Saturday 28 July to Sunday 2 September. Meet a 6ft long dragonfly, 6ft wingspan butterfly, ant, grasshopper, 4ft buzzing bee, all brought to life with state of the art animatronics and sound effects.
Grab your free bug book when you arrive, and start your bug-tastic adventure, collecting stickers for doing eight activities:
– Search for GIANT Bionic Bugs
– Take a picture of a real-life bug
– Brilliant bug hunt: Everyday from 11am – 12.30pm
– Fabulous Food Chains: White stork feed at 2pm
– Canoe safari & boat tours bug trail (£8 per canoe, seats 3. £3 per boat seat)
– Find the World’s Largest Bug Hotel
– Bug-tastic crafts
– Pond dipping: Everyday from 1.30pm to 3.30pm
If you collect six or more stickers, you can get a special bionic bug sticker at the daily award ceremony at 3.30pm.