Funded Places For
2 And 3 Year Olds
Millfields CE Primary School, Willington Avenue, Eastham, CH62 9EB
Millfields CE Primary School’s Two Year Old Provision
Mini Millfields is a special place full of learning, laughter and friendship and where all children are happy; feel safe and are valued.
We provide the best possible educational provision in a stimulating and creative environment. We pride ourselves on providing a safe, supportive and fun learning environment, in which children can explore and discover the world.
We believe that children learn best by direct experience and interactions between people and their environment; through established routines and inspirational activities. We value the strong relationship between our local community and we encourage a positive partnership between children, their home, the provision and the wider community who help us to support the children in our care to develop into individuals who will lead happy and rewarding lives.
Mini Millfields offers part time places in the morning, Monday to Friday, during term time only. Sessions run from 9.00am to 12.00pm.
We currently provide places for 12 children. These places are funded places for 2 year olds, dependent on families meeting specific eligibility criteria, which includes income benefits and the need for further family support.
You must be getting one of the following:
• Income Support
• income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
• income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
• support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
• Child Tax Credit and/or Working Tax Credit and have an annual income under £16,190
• the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
• the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
• Universal Credit
Children are also entitled to a place if:
• they’re looked after by a local council
• they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education health and care plan
• they get Disability Living Allowance
• they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
If your child is eligible, you can start claiming after they turn 2. The date you can claim will depend on when their birthday is. If you are not eligible, there will also be the possibility of paid places (prices to be confirmed).
Millfields CE Primary School
Tel: 0151 327 1722