Stop The Madness Of Today’s Kids’ Parties! What Does Your Child Really Want?
Did you know that when you research “planning a children’s party” online one of the initial responses is a 37 point checklist? Follow that with hundreds of “tip” pages, themed Pinterest boards, ads, even apps!
Have you got time to plan a kids’ party in that detail? No? Thought not! Let’s stop fuelling the madness, take a deep breath and focus on a shinier, sharper top 5 ultimate party planner to do list:
1. Decide what’s important. Here are some suggestions…
“Marking the milestone of my child getting another year older and making them feel special for the day.”
“Encouraging my child to develop strong social networks and giving them opportunity to practice good social skills.”
2. Find out what one thing is most important to your child. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking you have to provide everything on their list or their birthday will be spoiled. Getting everything they want is an unrealistic precedent to set.
Speaking of which…
3. Weigh up your resources. Do you have time? Do you have skills? Do you have money? Chances are you won’t have all three. Once you’ve worked out what you’ve got you can think about the best way to use these resources. Concentrate on what you identified as important. Remember that your time is best invested by spending quality time with your child, not by learning how to fold napkins into the shape of Pokémon!
4. If you are outsourcing preparations or services find people with similar values. Check their reviews, insurances and safety checks but also talk to them. Tell them what is important to you and your child; use their experience and knowledge to save you time and stress. Where do you think all those hints and tips on search engines originate from? You don’t need to spend hours wading through detailed articles to find what you’re looking for!
5. Talk to the parents of the other children. Overwhelmingly, the major stress of parents seems to be expectations of other parents! Do you need them to RSVP by a certain date? Can they bring siblings? Is it ok to leave the children and come back later?
If you are concerned about the behaviour or needs of another child then ask their parents how to manage this. Most parents will be grateful that you are trying to include their child and acknowledging that they are the experts on their own children’s needs. Pass on any information to any entertainers so that they can accommodate needs without disrupting the experience for other children.
Most importantly, remember that you are not alone! Use social media or even dare to chat at the school gates! Develop a culture that will reduce uncertainty, set boundaries and steer your planning such as:
• we’re all going to do cake and a balloon instead of party bags
• we’re all going to serve simple healthy snacks
• we’re all going to stick to a £5 budget for gifts
Keep in mind who is at the centre of your planning (your child!) and remember that all they want is fun, friends and good memories.
Article courtesy of Kate Badger from The Academy of Fun
Here at Academy of FUN! we believe that creativity and crazy imagination is the key to having good, honest FUN!
We are all about the giggles and making FUN memories!
Our children’s parties are the best in town. We know that because the children tell us – and they know how important it is to have FUN!
So whether your little one loves Lego, considers themselves a superhero (aren’t they all?!?) or loves nothing more than being knee deep in craft paper then we’ve got the party for you.
Looking for something unique? We’ve got that covered too – as long as it involves FUN!
Call us today and let’s see how much FUN! you can handle.
Follow our antics on Facebook @AcademyofFun.org
Check out our school and community group work on Twitter @AcademyOfFun
£20 off when you quote ‘KIDSGUIDE’
Froggle Parties is the no. 1 name in children’s party entertainment – for parties that are high energy and non stop fun!!!
Choose from a huge and varied range of parties from our fabulous and funny entertainer/ magicians, or our hugely creative themed parties, funky discos, crazy clowns, balmy balloon modellers, mesmerizing magicians, hilarious puppet shows, or our deluxe parties complete with bubble and snow machines, silly science parties, fantastic games and dancing parties, or our bubble parties and much more!!!.
Our parties can be completely tailored to your needs and we cater for all ages and any occasion.
If you need suggestions for what type of party to go for we’d be happy to help offer suggestions.
What ever party you choose though, you can be sure it’ll be jam packed with fun, varied and lively activities that thwe kids will love, and our wacky entertainers will have the kids hooked from start to finish.
Welcome to “Gems and Jewels” the top choice for Children’s jewellery making parties.
Children are so creative, so what better way to help them spend their Birthday!
Our 1 1/2 hour parties are the perfect way to let your child have a fantastic time with their friends and take home their own individual pieces of jewellery. Our parties are for girls from 5 years of age, upwards.
We have two party packages. “Gems” for girls from 5-10 years old and “Jewels” for older girls.
We provide parties across North-West England in the comfort of your own home or at a venue of your choice.
We cater for a minimum of 7 children to 20+ at £9 per child.
We are also available for christenings, communions and large numbered community events. Established since 2011.
Two hours of craft, two activities. £120 for ten children (any additional £12 pp.). You select the venue and we run the party for you, all you have to deal with is the food. During this party the children paint & embellish a mini bird house and then decorate a foam clay shape on either side of the birthday tea, plus they decorate a craft bag ready for their craft creations to be taken home.
We bring our studio to you with everything you need for a fun filled, stress free birthday experience. Other Kraftynoon craft party options including decopatch, pottery painting, Button art and canvas art are available, visit our website for details.
We cover Cheshire West, Wirral, Wrexham, Warrington and surrounding areas.
This February half term we are running morning and afternoon ceramic painting and craft workshops at the Castle Park Art Centre in Frodsham for children aged 8+ . Max 12 places per workshop. Advance booking is required. £13 per child.