Stop The Madness Of Today’s Kids’ Parties! What Does Your Child Really Want?
Did you know that when you research “planning a children’s party” online one of the initial responses is a 37 point checklist? Follow that with hundreds of “tip” pages, themed Pinterest boards, ads, even apps!
Have you got time to plan a kids’ party in that detail? No? Thought not! Let’s stop fuelling the madness, take a deep breath and focus on a shinier, sharper top 5 ultimate party planner to do list:
1. Decide what’s important. Here are some suggestions…
“Marking the milestone of my child getting another year older and making them feel special for the day.”
“Encouraging my child to develop strong social networks and giving them opportunity to practice good social skills.”
2. Find out what one thing is most important to your child. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking you have to provide everything on their list or their birthday will be spoiled. Getting everything they want is an unrealistic precedent to set.
Speaking of which…
3. Weigh up your resources. Do you have time? Do you have skills? Do you have money? Chances are you won’t have all three. Once you’ve worked out what you’ve got you can think about the best way to use these resources. Concentrate on what you identified as important. Remember that your time is best invested by spending quality time with your child, not by learning how to fold napkins into the shape of Pokémon!
4. If you are outsourcing preparations or services find people with similar values. Check their reviews, insurances and safety checks but also talk to them. Tell them what is important to you and your child; use their experience and knowledge to save you time and stress. Where do you think all those hints and tips on search engines originate from? You don’t need to spend hours wading through detailed articles to find what you’re looking for!
5. Talk to the parents of the other children. Overwhelmingly, the major stress of parents seems to be expectations of other parents! Do you need them to RSVP by a certain date? Can they bring siblings? Is it ok to leave the children and come back later?
If you are concerned about the behaviour or needs of another child then ask their parents how to manage this. Most parents will be grateful that you are trying to include their child and acknowledging that they are the experts on their own children’s needs. Pass on any information to any entertainers so that they can accommodate needs without disrupting the experience for other children.
Most importantly, remember that you are not alone! Use social media or even dare to chat at the school gates! Develop a culture that will reduce uncertainty, set boundaries and steer your planning such as:
• we’re all going to do cake and a balloon instead of party bags
• we’re all going to serve simple healthy snacks
• we’re all going to stick to a £5 budget for gifts
Keep in mind who is at the centre of your planning (your child!) and remember that all they want is fun, friends and good memories.
Article courtesy of Kate Badger from The Academy of Fun
Choose what to cover with beautiful patterned papers from a choice of three animals; an elephant, hippo, or monkey using a special non-toxic varnish glue.
All our Kraftynoon parties are mobile, we come and set up at a location that you choose – home, village hall etc. The way that the party works is we come to you with your choice of one of the animals and everything required for the children to do the craft including googly eyes and embellishments, plus a huge selection of brightly coloured papers for them to choose from and a craft bag for them to decorate ready to take their animal home with them at the end of the party (this doubles as a party bag). Our Decopatch party package include a large Paper Mache animal for each guest, papers, craft bags, clear direction and support throughout party, aprons, table coverings use of brush and glue plus individualised party invitations (if required). Two hours of craft £110 for ten children(any additional £11 pp.) Recommended age, 7+.
Find your venue and we will run the craft party for you. We provide a fun filled, stress free birthday experience. We cover Cheshire West, Wirral, Wrexham, Warrington and surrounding areas. Other Kraftynoon craft party options are available including foam clay, enchanted parties, pottery painting, button art and canvas art. Visit our website for details.
Here at Academy of FUN! we believe that creativity and crazy imagination is the key to having good, honest FUN!
We are all about the giggles and making FUN memories!
Our children’s parties are the best in town. We know that because the children tell us – and they know how important it is to have FUN!
So whether your little one loves Lego, considers themselves a superhero (aren’t they all?!?) or loves nothing more than being knee deep in craft paper then we’ve got the party for you.
Looking for something unique? We’ve got that covered too – as long as it involves FUN!
Call us today and let’s see how much FUN! you can handle.
Follow our antics on Facebook @AcademyofFun.org
Check out our school and community group work on Twitter @AcademyOfFun